Cornwall 01872 262828
Devon 01392 213333
Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
Highly regarded manufacturing company based near Truro, Cornwall are looking to recruit a permanent Cost Accountant.
The main aims of this role is to proactively manage the costing structure of 2 factory's product range, provide insight guidance and report on variances from plan and the impact of business decision making. This is a critical senior role within the finance team working alongside FC/FD to deliver relevant financial insight on actual performance and identify future risk/rewards.
- Financial control and analysis of Cost Of Sales & product margin
- Balance sheet reconciliations (R&D, Stock etc.)
- Theoretical stock management (excess and obsolescence provisions, MOQ vs Price etc.)
- Financial partner for ECO's (Engineering change orders) & review of BOM's/routings
- Provide financial commentary on all Design and Engineering activities
- Help departmental planning and forecasting process
- NPV calculations for new projects
- Operational variance analysis
- Tax treatment of R&D spending
- Sales order and backlog reporting
- Actively support GEM projects and review/validate reported £/hours savings Support month end financial close activities
Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a manufacturing finance environment Professional level accounting qualification (Part-Qualified candidates may be considered)
Budgeting Cost Accounting Reporting Tax Manufacturing Accounting
Are you able to commence work in the Truro area within 3 months?Yes/No
Have you had recent experience of Cost Accounting in a manufacturing environment?Yes/No
Are you fully/part CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified?Yes/No