Cornwall 01872 262828
Devon 01392 213333
Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
My client, a leading private construction and property consultant practice is looking to recruit a Senior Building Surveyor to work primarily from their Plymouth office however you may be required to travel to their other offices in Devon and Cornwall.
You will have:
• Experience of working as a Building Surveyor within a private practice.
• Proven record of identifying new business opportunities.
• Experience of providing building surveying services within a wide range of sectors
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD Systems and be able to provide plans and sketch schemes
• Knowledge of survey preparation & design and construction drawn information.
• Relevant Building Surveyor qualifications or working toward MRICS
• Assisting on all works involved with gaining statutory permissions such as Planning, Listed Building and Building Regulation Consents.
• Organising documentation in the preparation of Design and Contract documentation, administering tendering, Contract Administration of the works, financial control, through to completion and handover.
• Working compliantly with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
• Assisting on Party Wall surveyor roles, preparation of notices and awards.
• Assisting on acquisition surveys for commercial and residential properties.
• Dilapidations and lease advice.
• Preparation of Schedules of Condition.
• Assisting on Project Management.
• Forward Planned Maintenance inspections, costings and scheduling.
• Boundary Disputes.
• Preparation of Schedules of Work and NBS Specifications.
• Qualified Building Surveyor or associated relevant discipline or working towards MRICS (essential)
• Good communication skills, with the ability to compose and explain complex issues concisely to different audiences.
• Ability to work under pressure. Good inter-personal and team working, organisational skills, motivated and productive attitude. Good organisational skills.
• Computer literate and competent in the use of Email, basic spreadsheets and basic presentations using recognized software.
• Ability to prioritise and undertake a range of tasks with a positive, flexible attitude and willingness to learn.
• Clean Driving Licence.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking company that offers many benefits in addition to a competitive salary.
If you are interested then please send an up to date CV with a brief cover note detailing your relevant skills and experience. As always, all applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.