Cornwall 01872 262828
Devon 01392 213333
Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
You will be resolute as you take control, responsibility and ownership for the organisation of the Food & Beverage Service departments in the main hotel and new Spa. With a hands-on approach you’ll promote a positive and buzzing environment where the crew is multi skilled to make sure that they are motivated to personalise the experience of every guest, member and visitor to the Hotel, Health Club and Spa and guaranteeing the friendliest and most efficient service possible.
In June you will assist the Head of Food and Beverage re-launch a 140-seater restaurant and destination bar and take it to the next level! You will also assist with the launch of our fresh new spa bistro, new meeting, wedding and event facilities. Your leadership, entrepreneurial drive and customer focus will be critical. Your passion for exciting, creative, high quality F&B goes without saying.
Leading by example, you’ll assist with the recruitment, motivation of the F+B team. You will enjoy developing their skills and have a track record of bringing out the best in people and turning a great idea into reality.
Key Goals / Objectives
• You are passionately customer focused and look to find new ways to improve the customer journey and experience
• Inspire the senior team to co-ordinate their crew to ensure the delivery of exceptional food and beverage services
• Implement and maintain dynamic operational working policies, procedures and standards to support the delivery of service excellence and high standards
• Support all crew members to be proactive in minimising customer complaints. Listen and resolve to find permanent solutions to problems and positively communicate customer compliments to all
• Monitor the crew’s performance promoting achievements and identifying weaker areas for improvement. Care about your crew!
• Create and maintain the perfect ambience, both inside and outside, including cleanliness in all public areas as well as high standards of presentation
• Coordinate the operation of the restaurant and bar during scheduled shifts
• Analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability
• Producing staff rotas in line with budget
• Daily crew shift briefing
• Prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control, cover count and sales mix
• Check stock levels, order supplies in line with appropriate business levels
• Monitor and manage table reservations to prevent overbooking
• Encourage your crew to positively pursue sales opportunities through excellent customer experience and service. Be relentless in creating a positive sales culture for all
• Carry out any responsible requests by your line manager, managing director or proprietor
• Abide by our Values
• Meeting departmental KPIs
• Be an exceptional leader with charisma and presence and have at least 5 years’ experience as Restaurant / F&B Management or similar role in a quality environment. Before that, you will have shown good progression up through the F&B ranks. Wider business or commercial experience would be very useful
• Be able to demonstrate how your natural leadership, flair, commercial and people skills have impacted positively in your previous roles. You will be passionate about building high performing teams, and you are a great trainer
• Love food and drink and all of its possibilities. You will blend creativity, practicality, commercial nous, customer understanding to create products and environment that people love to buy. You will be a visionary, an energiser and love what you do
• Have enormous attention to detail, be the utmost professional and lead by example in all that you do
• Be entrepreneurial and a very capable, commercial, business person who really understands the economics of food and beverage. You will be successful in driving sales, whilst carefully controlling costs
• Have good financial acumen and understanding
• Have a passion for delivering customer delight consistently and incredible attention to detail
• Have a great style and flair and be totally in tune with the trends, fashions and preferences of the sophisticated, high end leisure traveller
• Have a leadership style which is infectious and creates great loyalty and passion amongst the team. You will be a very good judge of people and getting the best out of them
• Have a good sense of humour, charisma, style, energy, enthusiasm and uncompromising determination to succeed
• Be extremely honest and trustworthy with high standards of integrity
You will be at a stage in your career where you have been successful, proven to yourself and others what you can do. You now want a new, exciting, ground breaking challenge. A chance to do something very different to the “same old, same old”. To lead, develop and be accountable. And to do all of this in probably THE nicest possible place to live by the sea in the UK with the relaunch of an already successful restaurant and a new Spa Bistro!! Falmouth, Cornwall is that place!
• £26,000 - £30,000 dependant on experience
• 28 days annual holiday, including bank holidays
• Meals on duty
• Health club membership