Cornwall 01872 262828
Devon 01392 213333
Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
IT Services Manager – Truro
Our client is looking for an experienced IT Services Manager to head up the efficient and effective management of their IT Services Department based in Truro. The primary objective of the role is to maintain excellent levels of customer services and to develop systems and processes to allow the department to operate more efficiently.
• Provide 1st and 2nd line support for the desk when required
• To ensure accurate information is recorded
• Proactively design technical solutions and strategy for clients
• Act as Technical Project Manager/Lead on various projects
• Review major clients’ infrastructure and help to create a strategic development plan
• Manage the team and resources (on a day to day basis
• Mentor and train junior members of staff
• IP networks (VPN, DNS, DHCP and IP routing)
• Server products (Active Directory, WSUS, Print server,)
• Active hardware (Firewalls, switches, routers and NAS/SANs)
• Virtualisation technology (HyperV, VMware)
• Operating systems (Windows, MAC and Office products)
• Wifi (Configuring, securing, Social/web portals)
• Project Management (Technical design, project lead and implementation)
• Backups (Veeam, Solarwinds or similar)
• ITIL Foundation (or working towards)
• Experience of hosted or cloud based VOIP/SIP telephony systems (ie. Skype/Lync, NEC, VoiceFlex etc).
• Basic knowledge of data cabling
• Website programming or SQL would be an advantage but not essential
• Knowledge of Audio-visual equipment or CCTV
• Experience of managing a Service desk in a support environment
• Working towards industry recognised IT Certifications an advantage
In return you will receive a well-balanced working environment with all the tools needed to succeed in the role, access to company vehicle and mileage allowance for personal vehicle and a generous starting salary in the region of £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience.
If you would be interested in learning more about this role please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experiences.