Cornwall 01872 262828
Devon 01392 213333
Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
We are looking for an exceptional and experienced individual to join our clients IT Support team in a senior role. Supporting IT across a total of 18 sites you will be managing day-to-day network and application delivery across the group. Duties involve network administration, managing software update and security patching, administration and tuning of SQL servers, as well as providing 3rd line support.
Applicants must have a proven track record of working in a large network environment, deploying and supporting Microsoft server products including SQL. Knowledge and experience of using VMware, SCCM, WSUS and Linux would be advantageous
• Degree or HND in IT related subject
• 3 years IT experience in a large network environment
• Wide-ranging IT skills including strong Microsoft applications and network skills
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft SCCM/WSUS
• Experience of managing a large Microsoft network
• Good interpersonal skills
• Customer focused.
• Strong attention to detail - quality focused.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
• Able to organise their time effectively and work accurately even under pressure.
Proven experience of network administration of a large (500 + station) network.
Microsoft SQL Server Administration
Server and Desktop virtualisation, ideally VMware
This is a full time permanent position working a 37 hour week. A full driving licence is essential due to the nature of travelling to other sites. This travel may require the post holder to be away from home overnight.
Starting circa £24,000 If you would be interested in applying for this position please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experience.