Cornwall 01872 262828
Devon 01392 213333
Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic head chef to join our clients team at a busy restaurant, which caters for many functions and weddings. The restaurant covers approx. 100 covers at both lunch and dinner service.
Duties and responsibilities:
• General kitchen management
• Sourcing and ordering of all produce ensuring the best quality and price
• Safe storage of food according to Health and Safety standards
• Safe handling of food according to Health and Safety standards
• Preparation and service of food, promptly and to a high standard
• Creation of menus
• To maintain safe working conditions within the kitchen ensuring the safety of staff, contractors and guests at all times.
• Creation and handling of cleaning rotas for the kitchen area
• Carrying out the annual risk assessments according to Health and Safety, create and produce for management to comply.
• Any other duties necessary for the successful running of the hotel
• Managing, training and recruiting a team of chefs
• Maintaining or raising the profit margins on food
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Experience in stock take and budget control
• Excellent people-management and communication skills
• Great attention to detail
This is a full time vacancy working 42 hours per week. Paying a salary of up to £32,000
If you would be interested in applying for this position please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experiences.