Cornwall 01872 262828
Devon 01392 213333
Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
In-house Application Support Specialist
Are you passionate about development? Ambitious and motivated? We may have the perfect role for you…
We're currently looking for a talented and highly skilled Application Support Specialist to work on MIS support and part development of integrations via in house APIs and external interfaces.
You’ll be responsible, trustworthy and organised with a desire to advance your knowledge and personal progression within the company.
You should have a positive attitude and be able to communicate with ease. As your time will be split between projects and everyday support, you should be agile to the needs of the business, striving to be a better developer every day.
Specific Responsibilities, including (but not limited to)
• Improving knowledge of workflow and systems currently in place through end user interaction.
• Making recommendations for improvements based upon a sound knowledge of production processes and flow.
• Interacting with all facets of the business from End user to Director level.
• Liaising with customer and Customers interfaces i.e. Third party distributers.
• Keeping up to date with modern advances in application / interfaces and technology as appropriate.
• Being able to develop existing applications
• Working in close Co-ordination with the Technical Services team to provide for backup for workload and holidays.
• Understanding and having the ability to perform tasks vital to the continuation of POD and Digital products.
• Collating, monitoring and reporting quarterly on Project Development progress, Future developmental direction and resourcing requirements
• Perform all other functions, duties and training as required or requested by the Management of the company.
Key Skills: - A background in Computer Science or Computer engineering with a minimum of 1 years commercial experience in the following;
• XML / XSLT
• SQL – MySQL / PostgreSQL / MS SQL
• IIS and related HTTP (S)
• Visual Basic
• A demonstrable understanding of SOAP and its implementation within a business environment.