Cornwall 01872 262828
Devon 01392 213333
Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Head Chef to join our client as Head Chef you will be responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen, taking responsibility for delivering the best possible diner and guest experience to keep customers returning by ensuring that the highest standards are achieved through the effective management. You will also need work well under pressure as you will be working on events catering for up to 400 people.
* Responsible for daily operations in the kitchen for all events
* Producing menus and new dishes
* Maintaining quality and standards that reflect the company’s reputation
* Operating as a role model to the kitchen team, demonstrating the best possible level of service and skill at all times.
* Organising and supervising stock rotation within the kitchen ensuring minimal wastage.
* Monitoring stock transfers and accurately accounting for any movement of stock.
* Ensuring dating and labelling of produce is carried out
* Maintaining high levels of hygiene and health and safety
* Managing & training junior staff ensuring high levels of food standards are achieved
* Working in accordance with the Food Safety Act, Health and Safety Regulations and Licensing laws
* Currently working as or have experience working as a Head Chef in a similar establishment
* Quality experience is essential
* Passionate about food
* Dedication, perseverance, creativity and a good work ethic
* Team spirit & ability to cope under pressure
* High standards of hygiene maintenance
If you feel you are the right candidate for this exciting position please send your CV in as soon as possible salary up to £30,000 dependent on experience.[
Please note that due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to each applicant. If you have not heard from us within 48 hours please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.