Cornwall 01872 262828
Devon 01392 213333
Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
Our client is an well-established Cornish company based near Newquay are looking for a Registered Manager to take responsibility as the person-in-charge of all departments and for the day-to-day running of the care home
Roles & Responsibilities:
To implement the requirements of the National Minimum Standards for Care Homes for Older People, published in accordance with the Health and Social Care Act 2012 and Home Life: A Code of Practice for Residential Care.
• To Manage the team with the day-to-day running of the home
• To provide all relevant information and leaflets to prospective new service users and to make appointments for them to view the home.
• Ensuring that adequate arrangements regarding room safety for the introduction and reception of new service users are made.
• Responsible for maintaining ones own knowledge and skills and competence.
• Ensuring that the management approach of the home creates an open, positive, inclusive atmosphere.
• Ensuring that service users rights and best interests are safeguarded by the homes record keeping policies and procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring that the documentation required for the effective and efficient running of the business are maintained, updated and accurate.
• Ensuring that the homes records are secure, updated and in good order and are constructed, maintained and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 , GDPR and other statutory requirements.
• To liase with and co-operate with CQC inspectors and inspections.
• Responsible for identification of ‘Risk’ within the home and instigating plans to minimise risk and informing person’s necessary.
• Ensure all Directors and Senior management and emailed on a weekly / daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the home.
• Responsible for ensuring the staff on shift receive clear instructions and allocations to ensure the smooth running of home.
• To provide on the floor support in the event of staff absences’ or emergencies.
• Monitor and liase with staff in issues of performance and observation of service provided.
• Responsible for ensuring the Health and Safety and welfare of service users and staff.
• On call rota on a rolling 2 week roster.
• Emergency cover when needed.
• Collate Keyworker sheets and implement monthly Care plan reviews.
This is a full time permanent position working 40 hours per week
(Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all applicants directly. If you haven’t heard from us within 5 working days please consider your application to have been unsuccessful).
Salary: £23,000.00 - £34,000 DOE