Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
36 Hours per week – Mon – Thursday – 6 month FTC with potential to extend
Salary up to £32,000 DOE
Our client are a large Manufacturing business and they are looking for a HR Assistant to provide administrative support to the Human Resources Team, you will be the first point of contact for anything HR related.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a range of competencies including excellent administrative, planning and organisation skills with a confident telephone manner, with the ability to look after the whole employee lifecycle.
You will work closely with the HR Manager in aspects of recruitment, contracts of employment and employee relations issues.
Recruitment and Selection to include; assisting with short-listing, interviews and offers, staff leaver's activities and processes, whilst also providing support and advice to the managers involved.
Assisting the HR Manager and Managing Director in administering confidential documents and file management.
• Answering staff and manager queries in an accurate timely and proactive manner • Processing information into the HR systems and updating regularly
• Working closely with the HR Manager and marketing team in advertising and shortlisting candidates
• To prepare and issue new starter forms and contracts of employment for all new employees and promotions
• Right to work documentation checklist • Coordinate and administer all staff leaver activities and processes in a timely manner
• Processing of documentation to Payroll regarding changes to staff conditions of services • Manages collection of completed and annual performance reviews and scans performance review documents for electronic file retention
• Manages 90 day introductory reviews and 90 day transfer/promotion reviews and ensures compliance with policy; records review scores
• Note/Minute taking in employee relations meetings • Letter drafting for the HR Manager/Managing Director
• Handles general administrative duties, filing, copying, faxing, file set up and maintenance of active and terminated personnel files.
• Manages the UK HR Drive and maintains organised folders at all times
• Scans terminated personnel files at end of year and manages file retention
• Manages Anniversary Milestones
• To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
• Driving Licence & Fleet policy checking
• Covering for reception at lunch time and holidays
What you'll need to succeed
• CIPD level 3 qualification desirable or a willingness to work towards
• Sound understanding of Human Resource principles and best practice
• Experience of the recruiting/staffing/retention/termination cycle; ability to understand the International recruiting/staffing/retention/termination cycle
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Clear written and verbal communications
• Good time management skills; be able to multi-task
• Able to work at a fast pace
• Work well in a small team environment
• Able to maintain confidential information
A previous background in manufacturing and project work is essential
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
(Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all applicants directly. If you haven’t heard from us within 5 working days please consider your application to have been unsuccessful).