Cornwall 01872 262828
Devon 01392 213333
Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
Our clients aim is simple: To make the process as straightforward as possible, ensuring your IT solutions remain the focus of all they do. This simple mantra means they have continued to supply exceptional service over the years and continue to grow. It's this growth which has created their need to recruit a Senior Technical Manager.
As Senior Technical Manager you will be assigned a variety of projects to manage and will ensure that they are delivered on-time, on-budget and to a high standard. You will be the technical lead and escalation point for allocated key clients, and will ensure that our client is exceeding on their deliverables.
You will ensure that BAU and projectwork are running effectively, and that the quality of the projects are at the expected level. You will also be a resource for complex fault resolution, advice and staff training/development. You will mainly be office-based but may be required to travel to site to oversee projects.
• To be a dedicated Project Manager for workstreams
• Be an escalation point for complex technical queries
• To assist with the specification, design and configuration of technical solutions
• To upskill, train and mentor other members of staff
What we will be looking for in you:
We are seeking a highly motivated person to span our clients technical and engineering teams with a high level of technical expertise. With your exceptional organisation skills you will help to manage and deliver various key projects, by taking ownership and having a ‘day 1’ mentality. You will have the ability to implement change and drive improvements whilst working as part of a well-established team.
Key Skills Required – Essential
Expert knowledge/hands-on experience of managing, implementing and supporting:
• IP networks (VPN, DNS, DHCP and IP routing)
• Server products (Active Directory, WSUS, Print server,)
• Active hardware (Firewalls, switches, routers and NAS/SANs)
• Wifi (Surveying, Designing, Configuring and securing)
• Project Management (Technical design, project lead and implementation)
• Experience with planning and implementing Microsoft Teams/O365 and SharePoint
Key Skills Required – Desirable
• ITIL Foundation (or working towards)
• The design and administration of Enterprise wireless systems
• Experience of hosted and/or cloud based VOIP/SIP telephony systems (ie.
• Knowledge of data and Fiber cabling
• Knowledge of Audio-visual equipment and CCTV
• Experience of managing a Service desk in a support environment
• Project Management qualification (or working towards)
• Telephony (VOIP and traditional systems)
This is a full time permanent position offering a starting salary of up to £40,000 dependent on experience. If you would be interested in learning more please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experiences