Cornwall 01872 262828
Devon 01392 213333
Chiltern House, City Road, Truro, TR1 2JL
We want your email to get to the right team to help you, so please use the links below that best suits your enquiry.
We have been exclusively retained by our business partner, the highly respected Cornwall College Group to recruit a permanent Director of Finance to join their existing Group Operations Management team at their offices in the beautiful west of the county.
This exciting vacancy has arisen and will support the recently appointed Vice Principal - Group Operations. This is a real opportunity for a forward thinking, business minded individual who is looking for a career move. This post will enable the successful applicant see their expertise and experience appreciated to the full and at the same time develop their career into one that is both rewarding and fulfilling.
This much envied educational establishment serves to meet the needs of students and businesses across Cornwall and Devon and is proud of its core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
Aims and Purpose of the role:
• Assist the Vice Principal Group Operation in the delivery of strategy and operational performance against key performance targets for finance and procurement
• To lead on the maintenance of an effective financial control environment; timely and effective reporting and
support to the Vice Principal Group Operations in carrying out their duties as Chief Accounting Officer of the
• To lead on the development and implementation of the long term financial strategy for the Group and the annual
budget setting in support of the wider planning process and achievement of ongoing financial sustainability
• To lead on exemplary relationship management with the Group’s key financial stakeholders including the funding
agencies, the bank and key suppliers
• To lead and advise on all financial procurement and related commitments and matters across the Group
ensuring best value and legal compliance, including oversight of all material contracts
• To maintain an awareness and understanding of changes in the external environment and position the Group to
optimise its future development.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• A full qualification from a recognised professional accountancy body (ACCA, CIPFA, ACA, CIMA)
• Evidence of recent relevant CPD
Essential Experience and knowledge
• A strong track record of successful financial leadership at a strategic level.
• Highly developed financial reporting ability.
• Highly developed leadership skills with a proven track record of successfully leading and developing diverse
multi-disciplinary teams preferably in a large multi-site organisation.
• Experience of developing and leading the implementation of strategic and operational plans.
• Experience of statistical data management reporting and forecasting.
• Able to demonstrate success in the monitoring and controlling of expenditure and achieving demanding and
diverse income targets in a comparable environment.
• Able to demonstrate success in interpreting funding regulations and rules to maximise revenue in a comparable
• Experience of preparing statutory and regulatory returns.
• Knowledge of risk management with experience of leading on Risk Management Frameworks.
This role is being offered with a generous relocation package, an excellent Final Salary Pension and also 30 days holiday in addition to the 8 statutory bank holidays.
In the first instance applicants should email the managing consultant, Mark Horswill with an up to date Cv with a view to then discussing the vacancy in more detail. Applicants will then be sent the full, detailed job description for perusal.
• Finance Director
• Further Education
• Higher Education